Museums Association of the Caribbean (MAC)
- Date Organization was Registered: 1987
- Country of Registration: Barbados
- Address of Main Office:
- Physical address: 13 Paternoster Row, Ottery St Mary Devon, EX11 1DP
- Mailing address: 13 Paternoster Row, Ottery St Mary Devon, EX11 1DP
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: caribbeanmuseums.com
- Contact Persons:
|(a) Main Contact:||(b) Secondary Contact:|
|·||Name:||Nigel Sadler||Sonja Arias|
- Caribbean countries in which the organization has offices:
- The Secretariat is based both in the UK and Dominican Republic, and is run by two former Presidents of MAC.
- In effect, each of the 10 Board members has an informal ‘office’ related to MAC, especially the President and Treasurer. However, as these posts are only held for three years, it is always best to contact MAC through the Secretariat.
- Caribbean countries in which the organization operates or has operated:
- MAC operates throughout all of the Caribbean and in all language regions. It hosts an AGM which has been in 16 different Caribbean Islands since the first one in 1989.
- Purpose of organization (1 sentence).
MAC was formed in 1987 to allow museums and related organizations and societies in the Caribbean to share experiences and skills.
- Program Areas – give titles and thematic focus:
- Research (slavery 2000, Caribbean Museum Survey 2011, Emergency Planning 2013)
- AGM – to meet and discuss the latest developments in the museum sector internationally and in the Caribbean
- Exchange Programme with the Pacific Islands Museum Association
- Current projects being coordinated by the organization (give titles only):
- Emergency Training for the United Kingdom Overseas Territories in partnership with International Committee of Museums -UK
- Current projects in which the organization plays a supporting role (give titles only):
- Participation in Caribbean regional inter-governmental arrangements:
- Participation in Caribbean regional programs:
- Caribbean or global organization(s)/partnership arrangement(s) in which your organization is a member:
- International Council of Museums – MAC is an affiliated member
- Participation in Caribbean or global information networks:
- Information systems maintained by your organization:
(a) Documentation Centre: __________
(b) Online digital collection: __________ URL ________________________
(c) Databases (list): ______________________________________________
- Current number of staff: _0_ Full time _2_ Part time (Secretariat)
_10_ Voluntary (Board of MAC)
Date of Submission: May 9, 2013