Caribbean Youth Environment Network (CYEN)
- Date Organization was Registered: 14 September 2001
- Country of Registration: Barbados (initial registration)
CYEN is also registered in Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and Belize
- Address of Main Office:
- Physical address: Building #10, The Garrison, St. Michael. Barbados
- Mailing address: P.O.Box 915, Cheapside, Bridgetown. Barbados BB11000
- Telephone: 246-622-2043 and 246-231-7263
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: cyen.org
- Contact Persons:
|(a) Main Contact:||(b) Secondary Contact:|
|·||Name:||Reginald Burke||Jamilla Sealy|
|·||Title:||Executive Coordinator||Regional Chairperson|
- Caribbean countries in which the organization has offices:
- Barbados, St. Kitts, Grenada
- Caribbean countries in which the organization operates or has operated:
Suriname, Guyana, Aruba, Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Barbados, St. Lucia, Dominica, Guadeloupe, Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, St. Kitts and Nevis, Anguilla, St. Eustatius, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, Bahamas, Belize, Bermuda
- Purpose of organization (1 sentence).
CYEN is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation that focuses its resources on empowering young citizens of the Caribbean and their communities to develop programmes/actions to address socio-economic and environmental issues.
- Program Areas – give titles and thematic focus (see explanatory notes):
- Carbon Management: Climate change education for the youth sector and communities, inclusive of energy efficiency matters; participation in advocacy and lobbying interventions while creating niches for youth representation in a broad spectrum of fora.
- Sustainable Development: Youth education and research on sustainable livelihoods, sustainable consumption and production, and the impact of disaster risk reduction.
- Solid Waste Management: Education and research on land-based, unregulated solid-waste disposal and coastal/marine littering.
- Integrated Water Resources Management: Education and research on water use by the use sector and education institutions.
- Sustainable Land Management: Education programming; deforestation and agricultural land management.
- Biodiversity/Ecosystem Conservation: Environmental education and awareness programming and youth representation at the UN level.
- Current projects being coordinated by the organization (give titles only):
- Bats of St. Kitts and Nevis – A Conservation Review
- Unregulated Garbage Disposal Sites on Barbados
- Caribbean Youth Programme for Action on Climate Change
- The Learn and Flow Project in Trinidad and Tobago
- Feed the Future of Puerto Rico project
- International Coastal Cleanup
- Current projects in which the organization plays a supporting role (give titles only):
- Learning Network of Youth Groups from SIDS from the Caribbean Sea, Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- The ad hoc planning team for the implementation of Politics for Social and Environmental Justice and Equality in the Caribbean intervention.
- Environmental Youth Ambassador Programme of St. Eustatius.
- Participation in Caribbean regional inter-governmental arrangements (see explanatory notes):
- Partnership Initiative on Sustainable Land Management
- EU-CARIFORUM Joint Consultative Committee
- Participation in Caribbean regional programs (see explanatory notes):
- Regional Action Plan on Marine Litter Management (RAPMaLi) – UNEP-RCU
- Caribbean or global organization(s)/partnership arrangement(s) in which your organisation is a member:
- Caribbean Policy Development Centre
- Caribbean Network for Integrated Rural Development
- Global Water Partnership and Global Water Partnership-Caribbean
- Climate Action Network
- Commonwealth Youth Climate Change Network
- Global Climate Change Alliance
- Commonwealth Youth Council
- Global Youth Biodiversity Network
- United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification – accredited CSO
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- YOUNGO – the official youth constituency at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- Participation in Caribbean or global information networks (see explanatory notes):
- CAN-LA de Grupos de Google (Climate Action Network- Latin America and Caribbean)
- UNCCD-CSO Google Group.
- UNFCCC YOUTH: Youth Participation to UNFCCC Process
- UN Major Group for Children and Youth (UN MGCY)
- UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Information systems maintained by your organization:
(a) Documentation Centre: One, in Barbados
(b) Online digital collection: __________ URL : www.cyen.org
- Databases (list): __________________________________________________
- Current number of staff: _2_Full time _1_Part time _4_Voluntary
Date of Submission: 27th November 2018